In this solo episode, I discuss the impact of converging technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Generation (NLG) tools like GPT-3, and more on writing, authors, and the publishing industry.
Transcript and links: https://www.thecreativepenn.com/2020/11/30/writing-in-age-of-ai/
My last AI show was in July 2019, 9 Ways That Artificial Intelligence (AI) Will Disrupt Authors and Publishing in the Next 10 Years, and although I’ve shared futurist segments on the show since then, I’ve been working on this as an updated view, and a look forward to the rest of the 2020s.
In this solo show, I discuss:
– Why this era of technological change, accelerated by the pandemic, is so important
– What is GPT-3 and why is it such a big deal?
– AI as co-creator: Embrace curiosity and play with artistic collaboration
Impact on the commercial business model for writers, authors, and publishing
– What about books?
– Will AI tools make authors obsolete?
– “Data is the new oil,” the wealth generator of the digital age — and publishers have a lot of it. The publishing industry owns and controls the largest dataset of all.
– Why I’m so excited about the next decade of abundance — if we embrace the changes and opportunities ahead!
Check out previous episodes and resources on AI at http://www.TheCreativePenn.com/future
What started as preparation for this podcast episode actually turned into a short book!
Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, and Virtual Worlds: The Impact of Converging Technologies On Authors and the Publishing Industry.
Available now as an ebook and coming soon in print and audio.
Get your Free Author 2.0 Blueprint at:
You can always find the show notes and links at: http://www.thecreativepenn.com/podcasts/